RENTON HONDA | RENTON, WA
Size: 157,225 SF
Completion: Oct. 2014
Client: Lanphere Enterprises
Architect: Timothy Brunner, AIA
AXIS provided architectural and interior design services to a phased tenant improvement of an existing motorcycle sales and service facility for conversion to a sales showroom and vehicle service department, offices and training space for an automobile dealership. AXIS was up for the challenge of taking a big box retail store and turning it into a 50 car indoor showroom and over 50 car service department. Work included an interior remodel redefining the existing spaces and exterior redress of the existing building, as well as adding customer, ADA and bicycle parking all located on a 400,000 SF site. AXIS minimized the environmental impact of the building by using sustainable design which resulted in earning a Green Globes certification. Renton Honda is one of the largest Honda retail showrooms and service facilities in the country.
In addition, our team:
- Installed multiple ceiling fans into the central showroom's exposed structure for passive cooling.
- Boosted energy performance with building automation systems and variable speed drives.
- Upgraded to predominantly LED lighting integrated with daylighting, which takes into account daily and seasonal variations.
- Incorporated pre-existing facades and reuses 50% of the existing major structures other than the shell.
- Combined energy-efficient hot water service systems with both on-demand hot water and very efficient boilers for hot water tanks serving automotive washing and detailing.